Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A few hours of peace for mommies

Well Lauren and Logan are getting older and some of my fellow friends thought it was time we did some "kid exchanges" to give us mommies a few hours of peace and free time. My friend Kelly and I tried setting this up a few weeks ago but apparently winter is not the best time to try this. With various stomach bugs and colds, it took us 3 tries. Finally, we were able to do it this week. On Monday, I took Logan and Lauren to her house and left her with 4 kids under the age of 2. I was able to go for a great run and the grocery store. Today, she brought her cute little boys to my house. Overall it went great. It is a riot watching the kids play together. They like imitating each other and making each other laugh. It was such a nice little break, although it is the fastest 2 hours on the planet when you are the one getting the quiet time.

2 comments:

Karen said...

And, I might add, the longest 2 hours on the planet when you have all 4, right? I do this child-swap with a girlfriend, and it has been a godsend. You'll love it and you will start planning your 2-hour escape early in the week. Don't waste it by grocery shopping. I used to do that and now I just sit and read or do fun shopping!

T. Meyer said...

WOW! 2hrs! Where do I sign up. I would like to enroll for 2 free hours, but then I would like your kids for 2-3 hrs or more.Thank for updating your blog. I look forward to each posting. Love you all!
Aunt Teresa